Paper bag pants are high waisted pants made with pleats and cinch at your waist with a belt or tie. The extra fabric at top of the pants gathers around your waistline and shows more than the belt. There are many styles of paper-bag-waist pants, including wide-leg and skinny pants. You can also find paper bag pants in a variety of materials like denim, cotton, or faux leather.
Three Tips to Wear Paper Bag Pants in Cold Weather
These styling tips will help you create fall and winter outfits that showcase your paper bag trousers.
- A jacket is a good addition. Layer pieces with paper bag trousers by using slimming clothing such as a cropped jacket or fitted denim jacket. To create a casual business look, layer a white button-down shirt underneath a cropped jacket. This work outfit can be completed with wide-leg trousers, high heels or loafers.
- Tuck in a sweater. Because they are slim, pullover sweaters work well with paper bag trousers. They are more form-fitting than the slouchy pleats found in paper bag pants. For a cozy and warm look, you can tuck a turtleneck sweater in a pair wide-leg pants or wear paper bag trousers with a cropped cardigan.
- Wear it with booties. To highlight your body, wear heeled ankle boots and a cropped pair paper bag jeans. This outfit can be worn with either straight-leg or narrow paper bag pants. To create casual date night looks, style a fitted blouse with a long sleeves.
Three Tips for Style: Paper bag pants in warm weather
These are some outfit ideas that will help you style your paperbag pants for spring or summer.
- Wear lace-up sandals with this outfit. A pair of cropped, paper bag pants and lace-up sandals will create a stylish spring look. The extra height of lace-up sandals with either a heel or small wedge balances the entire look.
- Tuck in a T.shirt. For a casual look, pair a graphic tee and jogger-cut paperbag pants. This relaxed look can be completed with white sneakers.
- A fitted top is a good choice. A balance between your upper body and lower body is key to styling paper bags pants. Paper bag pants are very loose fitting so you should choose a crop top or bodysuit. The high waistline of paperbag pants creates an hourglass silhouette. Crop tops and bodysuits such as tank tops, camis, bodysuits, tanks tops, and bodysuits work well with it.